Friday, December 7, 2012

Fuquay-Varina Library - It's Story Time

Wanna see a magic trick? 1, 2, 3  Shhhhhhhhh


And as easy as that, a room full of toddlers and preschoolers quiets down. I've been to the Fuquay-Varina story time a half a dozen times, and Miss Laura is wonderful! She captures the kids attention quickly and quietly and entertains with music, puppets and books for a solid story time!

We went last week, of course it's the last story time until after the holidays, but there was a cute little boy in the group and she had him clapping, ooohing and aaaahing the whole time. Even my 22 month old, who is now called the Tazmanian Devil by my husband and I, sat in my lap and watched almost the whole time. She did get up when the puppets started blowing bubbles, but Miss Laura didn't seem to mind, and the kids loved it.

If you live in the area and need an indoor activity or learning experience, go see Miss Laura at Fuquay-Varina Library on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Click here for their schedule, Story Time resumes after the holidays on January 2, 2013.

When you're done with story time, you can check out the Library Park. It's just a little jungle gym, but there's wide open spaces, too, for your kids to run around.




133 S. Fuquay Avenue
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526


HIGHLIGHTS: Small and good for little ones, a great indoor activity, puppet show, singing and dancing and Miss Laura really keeps their attention, also very close to a park and the library has a real bunny my girls love to visit.
LOW LIGHTS: Story time has odd schedules and they start and stop, and I am never able to keep track of when it's going on. I am sure the information is available on the website, but I'm not much of a planner.
COST: Free.


No comments:

Post a Comment