Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Sweet Creation for a Healthy Snack!






AUTHOR'S NOTE: One of my closest friends (and a Not-So Stay-At-Home Mommy) owns Sweet Creations Frozen Yogurt in Fuquay-Varina, so I could not objectively write this review. Of course I think it's the best frozen yogurt place in the world. They have changing tables in the bathrooms and high chairs, too!! So I asked a great friend and Not-So Stay-At-Home Mommy herself to share her far more objective feelings about this place. So here it is!

 


By Amanda Moore


Being a serious frozen yogurt lover, I'm always on the hunt for a good fro-yo place. So when a friend suggested that we stop at Sweet Creations frozen yogurt shop in Fuquay-Varina on our way home the park with our young kids, I was all in. Normally I avoid eating establishments of any kind. With a toddler who loves a good food fight and an audience for her singing and table-dance routine, I just say "no" to restaurants. On this day, however, my sweet tooth prevailed over my good judgement.
Amanda with her daughter.

 
When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly girl behind the counter who asked us if we'd been before and welcomed us to sample the yogurt. She suggested a new flavor called Only 8 Chocolate, which is very low in calories and was super delicious, so I went with that. I was thrilled with the extensive selection at the topping bar, and with how well stocked and fresh all the offerings were. In fact the whole establishment was clean, bright and well-kept. I went with mostly fruit toppings and added a few cookie and candy goodies for my daughter with the hopes that I could bribe her into behaving. No such luck. 
 
It says coming soon, but it's already here!
A few bites in, she was under the table and screaming. After a quick wrestling match she decided to join us again and painted the table with yogurt. Mortified as always, I ate my yogurt at a brain-freeze pace and gathered our things, trying to corral her as we waited for my friend and her little girls to finish, who were ecstatically polishing off their bowls. I was especially impressed when the owner, who saw me struggling and insisted that we not worry about the mess. Then he made sure that I had a frequent visitors card. Really? We were welcome back?! Can't wait to try it again, or better yet, go on date night. 

Oh, and if you think it's to chilly out for frozen yogurt this time of year, they offer a premium hot beverage bar. Yum! And there were coupons in the Clipper Magazine that came out a few weeks ago for Sweet Creations.



Sweet Creations
400 Broad Street
Fuquay-Varina, NC









No comments:

Post a Comment