Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Marbles Kids Museum - AMAZING!


Marbles Kid's Museum in Raleigh is incredible; there's so much to do there sometimes my kids and I don't even make it upstairs.

We always go to the pirate ship, in the Splash exhibit, first and play there and at the submarine area for an hour, sometimes more. Then we get trapped in a huge play area full of imaginative play sections called Around Town. There has to be a dozen or more sections, including an ambulance, boat, a stage for putting on shows, a veterinary section and so much more. By the time that's done, it's time to go home (for my kids who still take naps)! I feel like I could skip nap time for my girls, and we still wouldn't get to all the fun.

So here are a few photos of what your kids can do there, but there is so much more. This is easily a top 5 activity in the Raleigh area, if not top 2 (everybody knows I love Pullen Park). If you haven't been there, GO! If you've been there, remember how much fun you had last time? It's just as fun if not more than the first time we went. I want to try to go once a month. My kids had so much fun, it was well worth the drive in and the $5/person.


Last weekend was butterfly weekend, and they had butterfly wings for the kids to wear around, live butterflies and staff helping the little ones. This coming weekend there is the Marbles Kooky Spooky Halloween Party from 6-9 p.m. I would absolutely go, if I were not going out of town.



201 East Hargett Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601


HIGHLIGHTS: Indoors, so perfect for bad weather or hot weather, there's so much to do and it encourages imaginative play, there are tons of kids to play with, indoor and outdoor activities, water play, dress up and I cannot name them all.
LOW LIGHTS: It's in downtown Raleigh, so it's a hike for me, parking is extra (but there's a parking garage you can park at for free on the weekends), and it's not free. Pack a lunch, because Rolly Polly's nearby has OK but not cheap. Cannot eat in Marbles (that includes snacks).
COST: $5 per person for everyone 1 and older (parents, too). There are membership options available, also that vary.



1 comment:

  1. about how many hours should I give myself bringing a 4 year old little boy there?
    - college student/ babysitter

    ReplyDelete