Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lake Wheeler Park - So Pretty!



Lake Wheeler is so pretty, clean (looking at least) and the park has a nice newish -looking jungle gym. There are shelters, fishing areas, volleyball courts and all kinds of wonderful perks, but boy was it a drive! I kept thinking, "Did we miss the turn?"

Of course, for some it will be much closer, but for those in the Holly Springs area it's a little out there -- but worth it! This fall, when the colors start to change, it's going to be gorgeous.

I actually want to go back very soon to use the paddle boats with the girls and my husband. I am not sure I'd visit Lake Wheeler regularly, but for a special trip I will definitely return.

Perhaps my favorite part of the trip was when my youngest (20 months) made friends with the exceptionally friendly fishermen on the dock. They had caught a few fish, let the kids look at and touch the fish and check out the worms. (Pictured above, right) She had them laughing and talking to the kids while we fed the geese, easily my oldest's favorite part of the trip.


6404 Lake Wheeler Road  
Raleigh, NC 27603


HIGHLIGHTS:Wonderful park and lake - beautiful, nice jungle gym, water, dock, paddle boats for rent, boat launch, volleyball courts and wildlife.
LOW LIGHTS: For some, it is WAY out there. I think it took me 35 minutes to get there from the Holly Springs area, and the play area is all the way at the back of the park by the water; also the play area is wood mulched so you'll need sneakers for your kids for sure.
COST: Free!


No comments:

Post a Comment