Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things to Come! Back in action, broken leg and all!

My youngest broke her leg two weeks ago, so we've been very limited in what we can do and where we can go (and still have a good time). So we've taken a few weeks off!

But I am back in action and excited to find some indoor/inclement weather activities. But also, I've been nudged in a few directions by some readers (which I LOVE!) ... so I am going to break down and visit Hemlock Bluffs. I am not a huge trail hiker with my kids, but I hear this place is worth it. I have been hearing about it for a while. My old boss had a blog and I did a brief overview of the place then, but I just wasn't interested in going. Alas, you all wore me down!

Also, I saw a park on Saturday while running errands off of Walnut in Cary. I cannot remember the name other than "DAD" park was the nickname.

Also recommended, Harold T. Ritter Park (near Lochmere in Cary) is supposed to be wonderful and the NC Museum of Art apparently has trails and fountains the kids would enjoy. So, they are all on my to do list for the next few weeks. I am also going to try to get to the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill, although I am afraid my 2-year-old (aka the Tazmanian Devil) may not sit still long enough to enjoy it, especially because she just got her cast off.

Also on tap, if I can figure out how to get tickets (I keep getting an error message on their website) the Carolina Tiger Rescue! We cannot wait. Spring break should be exciting for the little ones in our crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment