Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FUN ON THE FARM! "Farm Animal Days" - Pre-registration Required

NC Farm Animal Days is back in 2013 from April 10 (Wednesday) through April 12! I missed this last year and was really disappointed.

This year I'm going and am already signed up. It's at N.C. State University's Agroecology Education Farm in the Beef Educational Unit and offers a chance for kids to see and touch farm animals and learn about agriculture. As a person who grew up in Minnesota, you would assume I had hundreds of opportunities, but I didn't! And I cannot wait to show my kids, who scream "Cow!" or "Horsey!" whenever we pass by a farm (or Chick Fil-A).

Here is the website for more information and to sign up (pre-register). From what I can tell, it is free. I will have also copied some of the information from the registration site directly onto this blog so you can see what it's about without leaving my site.

I hope to see you there! I can't wait.

www.cals.ncsu.edu/farmanimaldays/

FROM THE SITE:

WHEN: 2013 dates April 10-12
Wednesday through Friday (rain or shine)
TIME: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
(least busy times are 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
WHERE: NC State University
Beef Educational Unit
4505 Mid Pines Rd.
(2 miles south of I-40)
WHAT: Farm Animal Days gives children a chance to see and touch farm animals and learn about agriculture; tractors will also be on display. The event is designed for school field trips (pre-school through first grade). Families and individuals are still welcome to attend.
  • Practice roping for the kids.
  • Touch the animals: chicks, turkeys, ducks, pigs, sheep, goats, and rabbits
  • Other animals to see: Beef Cow/calf, Dairy Cow, Horses
  • Tractors on display
  • Molly the Cow
  • Grass area for picinic
  • Free Ice Cream!
  • Jr. Wolfpack Club
  • Daily Presentations (new this year)
    • At 10, 11, 12, and 1 each day we will have a short presentation(approxametly 15-20 minutes) about animal agriculture, this will be an informal program for kids to learn from our NCSU Employees, Local Producers, and Students about Farm Animals
  • One hour is sufficient to see all exhibits
  •  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment