Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Dancy-Dance Time

I love my Thursday mornings at Brueggers Bagels for music time with Miss Tina (10 a.m.). She's energetic, great with the kids and I cannot say enough good things about this toddler activity.

However, I am at a loss to think of any more right now because my little stinkers were a hot mess this morning. As much as I hate to say a bad word about an activity we love, you would never (and should never) believe that my 1- & 2-year-olds behave all the time!

So here goes: Jordan (2) had the death grip on my leg for the first 15 minutes. And since it was cut a bit short today because Miss Tina had to catch a plane, she basically let go of me for three songs. UGH! Dani (1) is usually a champ on Thursdays. She loves to dance, play with the other kids, and give hugs and kisses to Miss Tina's stuffed animals. Not today.

She played "prison break" the whole time. Dani would dance for about 30 seconds, lulling me into thinking she was having fun and behaving. I would then turn to look for Jordan or console her for ... I DON'T KNOW WHAT. When I looked back, Dani was gone. She made a run for the chip display and had her hands on her chosen bag by the time I was able to peel Jordan off my leg and fight through the crowd of people to stop her.
She did this no less than five times in about 30 minutes. And there was so much more, but who wants to hear about all that?

Do I recommend music time with Miss Tina at Brueggers Bagels in Apex off of Williams Street (near Harris Teeter)? YUP, sure do. Do I recommend going with my children? Hmmmm, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

ADDRESS:
760 West Williams Street
Apex, NC 27502

HIGHLIGHTS: It's free, super yummy bagels, lots of kids to play with, Miss Tina is fantastic!
LOW LIGHTS: It can get crowded (getting there early is a must if you want a good seat), there are super yummy bagels there (and I am perpetually on a diet), and it is a restaurant, so not everybody there is excited about music time
COST: Free, unless you get some food
GAS: My GPS estimated less than $2 to and from Holly Springs


Later Crocodiles

No comments:

Post a Comment