Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I might BUG my kids this weekend

This Saturday (September 15, 2012) is Bug Fest at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences!
All four floors of the museum will "be filled with buggy fun!" from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (With an "Insectival from 5-7 p.m.) This year's theme is Mantids. I am not a "bug" expert at all. I'm really thinking both of my girls would love this! Dani (19 months) points out every bug we see at the park, "Bug! Bug! Bug!" she screams.

I have never been there before, so I cannot validate its greatness. I love the "Evening Insectival" - live bands, bug stations and a nocturnal bug tour takes place from 5-7 p.m. on the first and second floors.

(The information in red came directly from the Museum's Website on Bugfest)
  • Enjoy the entertaining displays, exhibits and activities — both inside and outside the Museum.
  • mantis closeupLearn about arthropods, which make up three-quarters of all animals on Earth, during fascinating presentations.
  • Taste delectable dishes featuring creepy crawlers as a major ingredient at CafĂ© Insecta.
  • Join the moths, fireflies and katydids for an exhilarating evening of nocturnal activities at the Evening Insectival.
  • Learn how to keep your own hive at a Beekeeping Workshop
  • Bring an unusual bug to the Stump the Experts table

http://www.bugfest.org/

See www.bugfest.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment