Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Story time At Holly Springs Library


Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Library (at 10 and 11 a.m.) there is story time. Since my girls are 1 & 2, we go to the early session. At 11 the story teller caters to pre-schoolers (3 & 4).

Story Time is money on a rainy, blazing hot or freezing cold day. But it's pretty packed on those extreme-weather days. There's singing, reading (of course), puppet shows and after it's over, they offer coloring or craft activities.  Even my 17-month old stands still for a few minutes to watch Miss Terry read her stories or sing a song and dance. 

Jordan (2) is getting more involved, answer questions, raising her hand to participate and singing and dancing along to the songs. It's really been wonderful, and it's so close to home it's an easy default for me when I don't want to pack a lunch or plan ahead.  There are also sessions on Mondays for babies (under 18 months, I believe). I've never been to these, but I like Tuesdays & Wednesdays so I can only imagine it's worth a shot if you have a little one.

\HIGHLIGHTS: It's so close to home, easy parking and my kids love Miss Terry.
LOW LIGHTS: It can get very crowded, and it's at a library so there are a lot of things my kids can get into.
COST: FREE -- My favorite!




No comments:

Post a Comment