Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Crafty Little Visit to the Library


(Left to right) Daniel and Jordan display their train craft at the Holly Springs Library on Tuesday.
(Note the mess on the table behind them).

Yesterday morning I was feeling a little crafty. My very fabulous friend, Amanda, invited us to do a train craft with them at the Holly Springs Library for drop-in craft time.

It was pretty fun for my 2 1/2 year old, Jordan, although not a terribly clever craft. The craft leader printed out and cut train cars (4) to be colored or to cover in sparkles and glue by the children. Also, the kids (mostly 18 mos to 3 years) were instructed to glue together the cars. My oldest didn't really get that part, and\ it took her awhile to understand that the sparkles don't stick unless you use glue. I THINK, that's my fault. I'm not very crafty. I don't even think we have a glue stick in the house.  

It was messy; but it wasn't messy at my house!!!!



My 1-year-old, Dani, decided eating the crayons was a better idea than coloring with them. She also tried to color someones shirt. Thankfully, she too had "been there" so the mom (victim of Dani's plot) laughed along with us.

The best part was meeting the other moms and watching them laugh and struggle to instruct their children along with me. Once again, the imperfect outing introduced me to some WONDERFUL moms. The best thing about wonderful moms, they give me more ideas of what to do in the area!!! A couple of them left early (it was not an age-appropriate craft for their little ones) to go to Womble Park. I've driven by but never played there that I can remember.

There are 20 libraries in the Wake County Public Library System. If the other 19 are anything like Holly Springs, there are lots of activities like this one. (Click above for more information) The next scheduled Drop-In Craft for Holly Springs Library is June 20 from 4-5 p.m.


HIGHLIGHTS: Something different for my kids (whose mom is NOT crafty), I didn't have to clean up the HUGE mess Jordan made, Jordan & I both made friends (Kim & Daniel - Daniel is pictured in the top picture)
LOW LIGHTS: My 1-year-old wanted little to nothing to do with it; it was inside when the sun was shining
COST: Free (MY FAVORITE!)
GAS: Less than $1 for those who live in Holly Springs

ADDRESS & PHONE:
300 West Ballentine Street  
Holly Springs, NC 27540
(919) 577-1660

 

 

Later Crocodile!

No comments:

Post a Comment