Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kelly Glen Park

Kelly Glen Park in Apex was absolutely empty, and I know at least one big reason why. It smelled horrible. It is situated adjacent to a brick building that was emitting some nasty smells. Not a soul joined us at the park, either. So I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion.

It was pretty boring - just a little playground, a shelter and a little space for running around. It was clean enough, but not spectacular. I wasn't impressed at all, and I begged my girls to leave because the smell was starting to make me feel sick. Then, when we got in the car, my 3-year-old said she wasn't feeling well. It went away as quickly as we drove away from the smell.


I wouldn't go out of my way to visit this one. Kelly Road Park (Kidstowne) is a few blocks (if that) away from this park. Just go there. If you live in the Kelly Glen subdivision I could see the draw occasionally, but this park was not for me. I won't return.

1701 Kelly Glen Lane

Apex, NC


HIGHLIGHTS: We had the park to ourselves, there was a shelter, it seemed well maintained.
LOW LIGHTS: It smelled so bad, there wasn't much to do, the swings were baby swings only, the website said this was a 2-acre park (I don't think so) and there was no grill (website said there was a grill). And an empty park is nice every once in a while, but we were so bored and there was no one to distract the girls. 
COST: Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment